Two Mics in One Input
In this article and short video I’ll show you how to record Two Microphones using just One Input jack.
This method uses a certain Stereo Breakout Cable by Hosa that lets you use Two Mics at the same time.
The recorded stereo file can be split into a Dual Mono file in Premiere Pro. I’ll show you how to do this too
Watch Video Here
1. Insert the Lavalier Microphone TRS jacks into the Dual 3.5mm female ports of the Hosa Breakout Cable.
2. Insert the 3.5mm male TRS jack of the Hosa Cable into the Zoom H1.
3. Attach the Microphones to your body/clothes.
4. Test the levels on the Zoom H1 and Press Record once happy.
5. If this is all done correctly, you will see the levels on the Zoom H1 are split depending on the Microphone you use.
6. Once you’re happy with the recording, you can split this recorded Stereo file to a Dual Mono file in your Editing software.
7. You can watch how to do this in the video above.
This setup lets you record quick interviews with minimal equipment. You don’t need 2 Audio Recorders to record good audio.
Please share this post if you found it useful.
Thank you for reading.